Today was an exciting day, we began our global read aloud of the novel " Out of My Mind" By Sharon Draper. I have included a google map of all the places in the world where classes are reading the same novel at the same time as us. This is our first year participating in the GRA and I think this is an amazing experience. This coming Friday we will be skyping with another class in the United States to discuss the novel together. Our task will be create discussion questions to ask our friends. The students have also been involved in discussions on Edmodo through a chat group dedicated to this novel. Students are invited to share their opinions, predictions and inferences of the book with other students from all around the world. I strongly encourage this to be taking place at home and at school in order to build global collaboration among students and teachers. If you do have have access to the group code I have posted on Edmodo please come and see me. Let the READING BEGIN!
View Out of My Mind in a larger map
No comments:
Post a Comment